Flexmix Mini-USB with Connection Cables
Introducing the Flexmix Mini-USB!
Looking to combine voice and music to teach a virtual fitness class, but current technology is either too daunting or technical for you or your staff to manage? Enter the Flexmix Mini-USB, a 2 channel USB mixer loaded with features. AV Now's first mixer with built-in wireless music playback and USB output to host virtual fitness classes!
As an instructor, you will be able to plug in your wireless microphone of choice and play music either plugged in with the RCA or 3.5mm AUX input or wirelessly via the built-in wireless music playback receiver.
Easily connect your wireless microphone system, attach a cable from your wireless microphone receiver's output to the Flexmix's MIC Input. The jack accepts both 1/4 inch mono and XLR (three-prong) cables. Use whichever cable you have, as either one will work.
There are (4) volume knobs on the front of the USB mixer to control your levels for your virtual classes. (2) control the microphone volume and (2) control your music volume. The Flexmix Mini USB makes instructor control seamless by controlling the in-room volume (Monitor Send) separately from the virtual class (main mix) volume of the mixer with the knobs on the front of the mixer. On the rear of the Flexmix Mini USB is a USB Audio return, which allows you to interact with your clients by sending their audio back into the mixer and out the stereo system in the room where you music or your voice and music are playing! A must-have for virtual fitness instruction and useful for many other applications including; Remote Teaching, House of Worship, and others.
- Four different connection cables included
- Designed in California • Made in the USA.
- Not rack-mountable
- Add a tray for use in an audio rack (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 6-3/4" W x 1-5/8" H x 3-3/8" D
- Weight: 1.3 lbs
Three ways to connect music sources to the Flexmix Mini-USB:
- The 3.5mm 'Aux' jack (Cable included)
- The red and white 'RCA' jacks (Cable included)
- Built-In wireless music playback receiver
Use the supplied connection cables to connect your music player via one of these methods. Note that only one should be used at a time. The Level knob controls music volume to the Main Output jacks and the computer via USB.
Included in this kit:
- (1) FlexMix Mini USB Mixer
- (1) Mini USB 5 Pin Male to USB Type A Male Adapter Cable, 6 Ft. Long
- (1) 3.5mm jack Miniphone to Miniphone stereo cable
- (1) 1/4" TRS (Male) to 1/8" Stereo (Male) 6' Cable
- (1) "Y" Cable, 1/4" Stereo Plug to Two RCA Plugs
The Mon. Send knob controls music volume going to the Monitor Out jack. This allows a different blend of voice and music levels for in-room speakers vs. the computer feed. Note that these knobs control all three music inputs simultaneously (Aux, RCA, and BT).
Wireless music receiver:
Device Pairing: The On/Off button turns the internal module on and off. When turned on, the unit will immediately enter into Pairing mode and discoverable by a smartphone or tablet.
Device name appears as Flexmix USB, light blinks to indicate status:
- FAST BLINKING BLUE - UNPAIRED
- STEADY BLUE - PAIRED, NO AUDIO SIGNAL PRESENT
- SLOW BLINKING BLUE - PAIRED WITH AUDIO SIGNAL PRESENT
There are two types of output jacks on the Flexmix USB:
- Main Out (L and R) are used when the mixer is used without a computer or when you'd like the same mix (a blend of voice and music ) to go to your audio system and your computer.
- Monitor Out is used to create a separate mix of voice and music for your audio system with different levels than what is fed into the computer.
- Note that this is a TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) jack that carries stereo audio
via a single TRS
The Flexmix USB can be powered by the included 15 Volt DC power adapter cable or by a powered USB port on a computer via the included USB cable (Cable D).
*Note - only use the DC power supply that comes with the Flexmix USB. Using other power supplies can cause serious damage to this unit.
Easy to read power indicators:
- PWR (Power) LIGHT color code:
- RED - USB DISCONNECTED from computer
- GREEN - USB CONNECTED to computer
USB Audio Send
When connected to a compatible computer, audio fed into the Flexmix USB can be routed to video conferencing or recording software. Select 'USB Audio CODEC' as the audio source (some software requires you to select 'USB Audio CODEC' as the 'Microphone' source) to route the audio from the Flexmix USB to your software. Some software requires that you make this selection in your computer's operating system settings.
- For Windows 10, that is found under 'Settings -> Sound -> Input device'
- MacOS, this is found under 'System Preferences -> Sound -> Input'.
USB Audio Return
The Flexmix USB can receive audio back from a computer via the USB port. This can be used for playing back audio from a computer or for hearing participants on the other end of a video conference. The USB Audio Return button selects where the USB audio is routed to. When pressed in, USB audio coming from the computer is routed to the Monitor Out jack. When in the 'out' position, USB audio from the computer is routed to the Main Out jacks. In both positions, the Return Level knob controls the volume of the USB audio from the computer routed to the output jacks.