QSC KLA 12 Powered Loudspeaker
The KLA12 12" 2-Way Line Array Loudspeaker (available in black or white) is a compact speaker designed to be used as part of a speaker array system. The speaker features a rugged ABS plastic enclosure that provides lasting durability in a lightweight package.
- Includes one black or white speaker
- 500 W + 500 W power module
- Rugged, ABS enclosure delivers light-weight durability
- SOLO™ Rigging System supports deployment without tools or external hardware
- Ar-Q™ Frequency Optimization quickly tunes the array with the click of a dial, adjusting for the appropriate number of boxes
- 10:1 design factor supports arrays of up to 480 lbs. (218 kg) 5 × KLA12 and 2 × KLA181
- 90° × 18° nominal coverage (requires only five boxes to configure a 90° x 90° array)
- High power, 12-inch low frequency driver provides extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance
- 1.75-inch diaphragm compression driver delivers clear and powerful high-frequency reproduction
- powerCON® Input and Thru connections
- Tilt-Direct™ pole mount assists directivity in single-unit applications
QSC's KLA 12 Powered Line Array Loudspeaker's top features include a 12" woofer and a 1.75" compression tweeter to provide crisp, detailed sound reproduction with a wide frequency response. An efficient 500W x 500W power amp module provides clear, strong audio. The efficient design allows up to 5 KLA models to be driven from a single 120VAC 15 amp electrical circuit.The speaker has QSC's DEEP DSP algorithm, which provides extended bass by actively managing low-frequency transients.
GuardRail protection circuitry prevents the amplifier module from unnatural and destructive clipping. An auto-standby mode will auto-engage after 5 minutes of inactivity to save energy. XLR and PowerCon input and thru connectors provide connection versatility, while a Phoenix connector allows daisy-chaining.
The speaker is expressly designed for use in fixed arcuate line arrays, and has a 12:1 design factor with a 90 x 18° coverage pattern, allowing up to 5 units to be configured for 90 x 90° coverage. Most other systems require 6 units for the same coverage pattern. The KLA12's SOLO (Single-Operator Logistics) Rigging System allows you to easily assemble and disassemble the line array in a short amount of time without special tools or external hardware.
QSC KLA Line Array Introduction Video: